In our environment, we have full implementation of KMS host with the new Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 keys, (I would write about how run this upgrade later). Somehow, when we tried to activated a deployed Windows Server 2012, we got the following error log: event ID 8200 and 1014 with error code 0x80072EE2.
Verified that the firewall port 1688 and DNS records are all fine in where this server is located, and through a few research, I found this thread in TechNet, although the discussion was in 2009, it seems still applicable.
I got the new client setup key from here:
then ran the following commands:
I guess the root cause could be someone tried to activate this server incorrectly before we started working on it, or that was not from a volume license copy. I would give credit to cybercoaster in Microsoft forum. Thanks,
Another link might be useful: