You need to set jumper (J29)the Integrated Lights-Out Security Override Switch.
To set the iLO Security Override Jumper:
1. Power down the server.
2. Remove the server from the rack.
3. Remove the server access panel.
4. Locate the three pins of J29 and move the jumper from the front and center pins to the center and rear pins to override password security. J29 is to the front of the 30 pin Remote Insight Connector.
5. Replace the server access panel and put the server back into the rack.
6. Power on the server.
7. Logon to the iLO and reset the passwords.
A warning message will be displayed on the iLO Web pages indicating the iLO Security Override function is currently active. An iLO log entry will be added recording the use of the iLO Security Override. An SNMP alert may also be sent upon setting or clearing the iLO Security Override function.
In the unlikely event it is necessary, enabling the iLO Security Override also enables the iLO boot-block to be flashed. The boot-block will be exposed until the iLO is reset. Compaq recommends the iLO be disconnected from the network until the reset is complete.
This will only work if the server is online and if the hp management tools are installed in the OS. If they are not then refer to this:
1. Install SNMP on the windows server (neede by HP Insight Management Agents.)
2. Ddowloaded and install the HP Insight Management Agents.
3. Download and install HP Lights-Out Online Configuration Utility.
Ok now that everything is in place, open a notepad file and enter the following :
<login USER_LOGIN="Administrator" PASSWORD="somerandompassword">
** somerandompassword in the second line doesn’t have to be a real password. The utility just needs this parametre to run.
Now save the file as resetilopwd.XML , and copy it to your hp\hponcfg directory (normally under prog. files)
When done that open a command prompt , navigate to c:\program files\hp\hponcfg directory and issue the following command:
HPONCFG.exe /f resetilopwd.xml
Now it should successfully reset the password, but please note that the min. password length is 8 characters.